I have added a new type of Grand Monument: the Library.
Libraries hold books, which are currently quite rare. Once you shelve a book in your library, your NPCs make copies of it and you can take as many as you want. In fact, you’d have to burn them all to get rid of it altogether.
There’s also a new bookedit command that actually lets you create books! Fill in your own libraries and trade books with other empires to bolster your collection.
The library command lets you browse, checkout, shelve, or burn books. See HELP LIBRARY in-game for more information on using it.
The bookedit command lets you write out a “physical” copy of a book, or edit one of your stories.
- Find a library
- “bookedit write new” to enter the book editor
- Enter all the data for your book in the editor — save often
- Exit the editor when you’re done
- “bookedit copy <title>” to write out a copy of your book
- “library shelve book” to put your book into circulation
- “library checkout <title>” to get a copy off the shelf
Pro-tip: The “library” and “bookedit” commands will let you use a book’s number in place of its title. You can use “library browse” or “bookedit list” to get the numbers.