EmpireMUD 2.0 alpha Change Log
June 30, 2014
- Battle and Combat: Many skillup chances were improved from 1/6 to 1/5 in combat. Also removed a double-skillup chance for Reflexes, which was in error.
- Empire Creation: Your starting character archetype now determines the rank name when you create a new empire, replacing the old default “Leader”. The default ranks are now also colored the same as the random color chosen for the new empire.
- Vampires: You can now choose to start as a vampire with Vampire 20 / Battle 10, city clothes, and a short sword. Character creation has been adjusted to ensure the vampire is set up correctly.
- Archetypes: Character creation archetype choice is now stored permanently. A new PLR flag is now used to track players who need new-player-setup, instead of using the presence of a creation archetype.
- Apiary: Now requires 8 beehives to build.
- Info: Updated sewing information on the info command.
- Woodworking: Updated the resource requirements on crafts to use lumber and nails rather than trees, ingots, and sticks.
- Mount: Will no longer say that you clamber onto “someone’s” back in the dark.
- Typos and help files: Various updates.
June 29, 2014
- Deserts: Simplified the desert map tile to a solid color, as deserts were more likely to disconnect players than other terrains, when moving quickly.
- Outrage: Added Outrage to Battle at 75. This new ability is an AoE attack that hits everything in the room and attempts to auto-rescue other players.
- Score: Added computed combat speed.
- Misc: Added struct components and data for new default empire ranks, but this system is not complete.
June 25, 2014
- Prick: Fixed a crash bug that occurred when the prick action killed the target.
June 17, 2014
- Circle: Fixed a bug where invisible players were shown moving as “Someone circles east.” They shouldn’t be shown at all.
June 16, 2014
- Guard Towers: Fixed a bug where guard towers could shoot without being completed. This was allowing live towers to be planted for zero resources, or upgraded for free.
June 9, 2014
- Territory: This command now requires the Navigation ability, as its only function is to display coordinates.
June 7, 2014
- Vigor: Lowered the base movement bonus for vigor but added 5x the caster’s intelligence. Doubled the effect if the target is not in combat.
- Added simple loot to several common mobs.
June 1, 2014
- The minimum distance you have to be a from a Tower of Souls to found a city is now displayed when the city found command fails.
- Added the “nearby” command, which lists nearby cities and Towers of Souls.