(06-21-2015, 06:58 PM)Khufu Wrote: What updates does the Burrow Canyons adventure need? Here are my notes so far:
- It's awfully low-level (1-100) for an adventure that needs a group. It would be better either raised up (75-125?) or lowered to a normal/hard level.
- It gives a flying mount but most players cannot use flying mounts in the 1-100 level range.
3. There's not a lot of gear as loot. And maybe that's okay, but it kind of feels like the only reason to run it is for poisons and large skins/snakeskins, which brings me to...
4. Gods almighty, the spawn limits. I'm level 300 and I've found myself almost dying just to crazy barrages of script attacks from 11 skinks.
I actually like that the flying mount (point 2) is there. It gives people something to work towards. Maybe it's a little silly at level 1 but I've never seen anyone run burrow canyons below level 70 or so (probably because of point 1)
Edit: 5. This adventure is disproportionately rare and difficult to access for how low level it's supposed to be - there's only 10 of them, and they always spawn in mines, which are almost always claimed. As a result, nobody can really get into them at level 1.
...also, a lot of them seem to spawn in the depleted mines of inactive empires.
Edit #2: 6. Correcting a misfiling, another spawn issue: loch colossus has about a 25% chance to not spawn at all (50% spawn in 2 rooms, limit 1) and scarlet-hooded raptor has about a 6.25(?)% chance to do the same (50% spawn in each of 4 rooms, limit 1), which can make this adventure kinda anticlimactic.
7. The pegasus has a 2% spawn rate, which seems too low to me, considering the rarity of the adventure and how difficult it is to actually tame it?