EmpireMUD 2.0 alpha Change Log
May 31, 2014
- The new player message now mentions the HELP and INFO commands.
- Tweaked the message shown on the affects list when you have a stored mount.
May 30, 2014
- Dragons and mermaids will give gold as rewards when they die. Happy hunting.
- Rearranged closed monument data into a struct to keep everything together and manageable, and added short names for all monuments.
- Screen-reader mode now uses short names instead of room titles when it sees monuments in the distance.
May 29, 2014
- Fixed a very old bug stemming from a typo in the code that checks mobs for special procedures.
- Fixed a bug where aquatic mobs could not move in the water for lack of Swimming.
- Added new creatures to the oceans and rivers, including a new mythic rare and a new rare aquatic mount.
- Added Flying (F), Morphed (M), and Riding (R) to the conditions that appear on the %c prompt code, and alphabetized the list.
- The Ride system has been changed entirely: the animal you’re riding no longer remains a mob in the room. Your mount can no longer be targeted. If you dismount, the animal is stored and still does not appear as a mob in the room. You can re-mount your stored mount at any time. If you choose to ride a different animal, the stored mount will be released as a mob into the room.
- Your current or stored mount now appears on the “affects” list.
- Riding no longer requires a saddle, but saddles otherwise still perform normally and provide riding bonuses.
- All-Terrain Riding now works on oceans, too.
- Trenches no longer block normal riding.
- You can now circle buildings while riding.
- Oasis will now convert to river when adjacent to ocean.
- Updated the desert-to-field conversion to use the generic distance-to-terrain function.
May 25, 2014
- Vigor now restores move points instantly, at the cost of move regeneration.
- Regeneration bonuses can no longer go negative.
May 24, 2014
- Fixed an effect label that was incorrect.
- People with Phoenix Rite active will no longer trigger death mortlogs.
May 22, 2014
- Cities which contain no buildings (or which contain only ruins) will now be automatically abandoned when the mud starts up (or reboots). This is to prevent the accumulation of old cities that are completely in ruins and blocking other players from founding cities in the same area.
- Purify no longer works on vampires who have Daywalking.
- River tiles may now be claimed like other tiles.
May 21, 2014
- Turned up the rate on bonus skillups very slightly.
- When you try to equip an item, it will now tell you the name of the item you already have equipped in that slot, if any.
- Many buildings can now be built facing a wider variety of map tiles.
- Added color codes to several channels to prevent color bleed.
- Removed the mountain restriction for: fishing, throw, summon.
- Increased the chance for bonus skillups very slightly.
- Soulsight now works on animals.
- Added DSC flags display to stat character.
- Moved the vampire “you are starving” message from the 5-second update cycle to the 75-second update cycle.
- Fixed the color of the shipyard icons.
- Immortals can now fill drink containers from room/map sources, rather than those being superseded by the immortal-fill.
- Some small typo fixes.
May 19, 2014
- Chant of Nature can now grow jungle if you use it next to jungle and swamp spaces.
- Added “notitle” to the immortal “set” command.
- When you kill someone or something, it will now “tag” the corpse for you, so it won’t count as stealing if you loot the corpse or pick it up on claimed territory.
- Typoing your alt name during character creation no longer attempts to attach you to the admin account, and will now correctly re-prompt you.
- Customize building name will now update all parts of castles/forts/monuments on the map so that screenreader users see them correctly.
- Auto-abandon should now work correctly when dismantling over-sized buildings.
- Items on the ground now indicate their large/superior/enchanted flags.
- Help file updates.
May 18, 2014
- Removed the skillup for a vampire siring a player.
- Removed the SIRED flag that was used to prevent repeat skill gain from siring the same player.
- Removed the 24 hour playtime restriction for becoming a vampire.
- Removed the restriction where werewolves could not become vampires (although we are not currently using werewolves at all).
- The “stop” command should now fully stop a vampire who is in the middle of siring another player. Previously, it stopped the siring but not the bite, and resulted in player death.
- The Vampire ability Nightvision now scales with the Vampire skill. At low levels, it now only allows the vampire to see items and creatures in the dark. As a specialty skill, it increases the light radius in the dark. As a class skill, it gives perfect night vision.
May 15, 2014
- Chant of Nature will now turn swamp into jungle (slowly) and can also now be used to fill in sparse jungle.
- If a field or forest is surrounded on at least 6 sides by swamp, it will eventually become swamp too. This is in addition to jungles near rivers turning to swamp.
- Added new swamp buildings and the Swamp Engineering ability.
- Reduced the crafting time on candles and handles from 4 ticks to 2, to match rope.
- Raised the rate on hostile human NPCs in the swamp.
- Added the “mark” command, which allows you to measure distances on the map.
May 14, 2014
- Large objects now remain in the corpse like other loot when a mob with loot dies.
- Added new NPCs to the swamps.
- Updated the swamp color on the graphical map.
- Swamps now grow on their own over time.
- Added crocodile random encounter to swamps.
- Added supporting code for building on swamps.
- Added swamp walks (road over swamp), and supporting code.
- Updated terrain-related help files.
- Added mushrooms to swamp foraging.
May 13, 2014
- Added and tested basic swamp terrain.
May 11, 2014
- Fixed a bug in fishing that prevented barbfish from appearing.
- Raised the rate on glowing green seashells to 20% after comparing high-dexterity fishing to rapid shovel finder digging. Yep.
May 4, 2014
- Added another action_vnum value to the pfile to store more data to actions.
- Added an optional numeric argument to craft syntax: craft 3 stake
- Various help file typo fixes.
- Fix to roadsign so that it correctly requires that you be on a road.
May 3, 2014
- Fixed a bug in the May 1 shift_room fix that was preventing rooms from being designated in large structures.
May 2, 2014
- Added the “findmaintenance” command to find buildings that are decaying in your empire.
- Added the “roadsign” command and associated items and help files.
- Roads now only refund half of the rocks used to lay them, like building dismantling.
- Custom room descriptions no longer show above the map; this was an error.
- Lowered the gain rate on the bonus skillups (a system we are currently testing where you can continue to gain skills after spending your daily skillups, but at a greatly reduced rate).
- Updated “help plant” to indicate the difference between short-planting and long-planting, as it’s frequently reported as a bug that you can stop planting and still have it grow.
- Changed the default empire temperament to “Friendly”, from “Distrustful”.
May 1, 2014
- The quarrying chore now correctly depletes the quarry tile as it produces stone blocks.
- Added a “help getting started” at player request.
- Updated the Iron Guide and Housing Guide help files.
- Regeneration-boosting abilities like Solar Power and Stamina can no longer trigger double-skillups in the same tick.
- Tweaks to the flee command to better detect when a person is indoors/outdoors, and to not bother with map shifts if indoors. Flee should also work better in half-constructed buildings.
- Small tweak to the sun check to ensure buildings are closed before they don’t count as sunny.
- Fixed a bug in shift_room that was crashing in very specific cases when called indoors.