EmpireMUD 2.0 alpha Change Log
September was a slow month as I spent most of it quite sick, but here’s its changelog:
September 30, 2013
- Fixed the screen reader mode to show dark tiles as dark, and fixed how it computes mapsize.
- Added season info to the “weather” and “time” commands.
- Fixed a ruins icon that had the wrong color.
September 29, 2013
- Improved screen reader support.
September 28, 2013
- Added the start of screen reader support for visually-impaired players.
September 23, 2013
- Fixed herb gardening, which was activating itself irrespective of what your workforce settings are.
- Fixed panning depletion, which was accidentally sharing quarry depletion.
September 19, 2013
- Replaced the static greeting screen with a new system that chooses randomly from multiple intro screens; added several new intro screens.
September 17, 2013
- Reduced the class health/move/mana totals from 900 to 600.
- Gift of Nature now gives +35% mana.
- Added Arcane Power (High Sorcery 75) which gives +35% mana.
September 15, 2013
- Various help and text updates.
- Tweaked how much blood players have after dying to account for non-vampires.
- Fixed a bug in summon animals that was resulting in the possibility of a flying fox or a bug.
- Added the number of skillups available for each yellow ability to the skill list.
- Changed how players’ hit/move/mana/blood are restored when they log in after being gone over an hour so that it takes gear, abilities, and class into account properly.
- When you die without Phoenix Rite, you will now come back with one quarter of your maximum hit/move/mana/blood, regardless of how much you had when you died. (Previously these were restored to full.)
- Changed the color on quarries to always be white, and claypits to always be yellow.
- Changed how players display on the map. Only the center of the <oo> will be colored, to make it so certain banner colors can’t be used as camouflage, and so that people using some fonts and color schemes don’t have trouble finding themselves.
September 12, 2013
- Daywalking can now trigger Vampire skillups, if you’re out during the day.
- Standardized the command lag on vampire abilities. Prior to this, most were unusually high.
- Reduced the time spent morphing.
September 9, 2013
- Saddles now store in the stable. Canoes can be stored in the docks (in addition to the storage room). Mirrors now store in the closet. All drink containers now store in the kitchen/utility shed. Chipped rocks now store at the gravel pit.
September 8, 2013
- Fixed a bug where some animals could not be preserved in the stable, and would also de-spawn on reboot.
- Toggle political will now still show your own banner color on hidden chameleon buildings.
- Lots of little help file updates.
- Changed the follow-in message to make more sense.
- Immortal empires can no longer engage in diplomacy.
- The miller’s daughter will no longer wander from her spawn point.
- Cleaned up the messages on the set command, as well as some of its code.
- Retrieve and Summon Materials will both now take complex names for items, e.g. “summon materials 5 clay bricks”, rather than single-word aliases.
- Allies can no longer designate/redesignate your rooms, lay/unlay your roads, build on your territory and steal it, or dismantle your buildings.
- Fixed ownership permissions on several building-related commands.
- Empire NPCs will no longer spawn in unfinished buildings.
- Territory should now update right away if you lay/unlay a road/path outside a city (roads do not count as outside, but if the room was already claimed, it did).
- The “redit terrain” command now correctly sets the original terrain type for roads.
- Castles and forts should now count interior rooms correctly, rather than losing 8 and 3, respectively.
- You can no longer abandon an interior room; buildings must be abandoned from the “main room”.
- Fixed a bug where the no-spam flag was blocking the start message for rituals.
- Fixed bug where detection ritual always failed.
- Blocking an attack will now initiate combat for the victim.
- Aliases will now save right away, so you won’t lose them if you die.
- Added 2-second wait to the terrify ability.
- Fixed armor type on leather vambraces.
- Removed “small” from the keyword list for belt loop.
- Added a 2-second wait to “flee”.
September 7, 2013
- Created new tilesets based on season.
- Changed how darkness is displayed for players with color turned on.
September 6, 2013
- Fixed color bleed on informative mode.
- Fixed coloring on slash channels.
- Adjusted the rate at which health/move/mana gain as you level up your class skills. They still end at the same numbers.
- Added a formula to approximate a player’s level based on skills.
- Fixed the banner color of some new empires, which were trying to use the old color codes.
- Added color code hint line to empire editor.
- Added new functions is_multi_abbrev(), which compares strings to see if, for example, “cl br” is an abbreviation of “clay bricks”; and multi_isname(), which compares strings to see if “cl br” is an abbreviation for “pile bricks clay”, the keyword list for “a pile of clay bricks”.
- Increased the skillup rate on lots of combat skills, which were leveling up WAY too slowly.
September 5, 2013
- Removed some temporary code from when I added the new health/move/mana system months ago.
- Assigned a new max health/move/mana based on character class. Once your skills are high enough to achieve a character class, your health, move, and mana pools will start to grow.
- Widened the columns on the immortal command “show players” to account for higher health and mana pools.
September 4, 2013
- Fixed a bug in damage skill gain where you could gain skill in Endurance and any Armor only while dealing damage, not while taking it.
- Improved the skill gain rate on low-level Vampire.
- Fixed rank color bleed in the whois command.
- Changed how percent chance to gain skill is calculated.
September 2, 2013
- Skills that are capped will no longer show any abilities in yellow, as you can’t gain skill from abilities while at a cap level (50, 75, 100).
- Added geographical limits to jungle spread.
- Completely changed the color code system: normal colors and bright/bold colors are now specified separately. Players may not set background colors any more. See HELP COLOR for more information on the codes.
- Made some changes to map coloration. Let me know if you see any weirdness.
- Removed the sub-menus for color and rank in the empire editor.
September 1, 2013
- Added class/skill recalculation to the immortal setskill command.
- Reduced the number of desert groves, as they have overtaken desert.